Level: F.Sc (Pre-Engg)
Class: 2nd Year
Board: Punjab Textbook Board
Chapter No.2: Differentiation
Type: Solution Notes
Author: Prof. Ahmad Ali
PDF Size: 8.24 MB
In this exercise we will read these topics:
- Geometrical meaning of derivative.
- State the geometrical interpretation of derivative.
- Define the tangent line.
- Prove that geometrically derivative of a function gives the slope of a tangent line.
- Discuss the tangent line to the graph of function |x| at x=0.
- Define increasing function.
- Define a decreasing function.
- Define a constant function.
- Define an increasing function in terms of derivatives.
- Define decreasing function in terms of derivatives.
- Define constant function in terms of derivatives.
- Define stationary point.
- Define critical value and critical point.
- Define turning point of a function.
- Define point of inflection.
- Define relative minima of a function.
- Define relative maxima of a function.
- What is the relative extrema of a function.
- Define first derivative test.
- Define second derivative test.
- Procedure to find maxima and minima.